Home > Structures > Lodging > Hotels > Tilden House
The Tilden House, one of Escanaba's earliest landmarks, was located above the Main Livery Stable where the Delta County Chamber of Commerce is currently located. According to The Century Book – 1863-1963, "the Tilden House was Escanaba’s first social center, a big frame building located in the 300 block of Ogden Ave. It was named for Samuel J. Tilden, New York financier who was among its early guests. The hostelry was opened to the public on Christmas Day, 1864."
Tilden House, One of the Oldest Landmarks of Escanaba, Mich.